We are most grateful to have been included in this year’s Ed Tech Day. It was an amazing day from start to finish. The team from Time Warner under the leadership of Robert Anderson along with two of our parents John Taylor and Steve Dick worked seamlessly throughout the day to accomplish the following:
- Upgraded 13 computers from Windows XP to Windows 7
- Replaced 7 desktop PC
- Replaced 4 laptops
- Installed 7 wireless access points, 4 of which are new
- Provided a Synology NAS device.
Some of the benefits are as follows:
- Windows XP presents a security risk and all of those machines are gone from the school network now.
- Wireless coverage is present throughout the building.
- Slow computers were replaced with faster ones.
- There is a central location for storage of key technical information and student computer lab work.
Without the assistance of this program in our school we would not have been able to afford these upgrades that allow our teachers and students to better utilize technology and integrate it into our daily curriculum. This is a very important component in education in the 21st century. Again, our deepest appreciation for the time spent and the materials we received.